When it comes to beauty products, we’re always learning and intrigued with the latest trends and products! It’s fun to try out a new blush color or a fresh new face mask recommended by a friend. We always have a couple days during the week where we go au natural, just to let our skin breathe (not to mention that going without makeup is the best feeling ever!). But on days when we must get primped and dolled up, here are a few of our tried and true favorites!
Sharon’s Skin Type: Dry
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream ($39) — If I had to choose one makeup product to use on the daily, it would definitely be this CC cream. I’ve been using it for at least 5 years now and it is still the best CC cream ever! It’s the perfect amount of coverage for daily use, it smooths out your complexion, doesn’t feel heavy, and has SPF 50. What more could you ask for?
- Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara ($22) — Mascara can be a tricky thing. After going through different brands, somehow I always come back to this Clinique mascara. It’s never clumpy and it gives my lashes the perfect amount of lift and length. Plus, I love that it almost never leaves that black residue you sometimes get at the end of the day. Pretty good for a non-waterproof mascara!
- Dermalogica Active Moist Moisturizer ($42) — I’ve been using this moisturizer for about two years now and I think it’s become my official go-to face lotion. Since I have dry skin, I’m always looking for anything that’ll help keep my skin moist throughout the day. I used to use Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, but I love the consistency of Dermalogica’s formula much better. Plus, my skin feels more hydrated with this lotion. I start off the day with this moisturizer, before putting on my SPF.
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask ($26) — This mask was a spontaneous buy because I had always wanted to try Origins. I’m so glad I tried it out because I love this mask! It clears out your pores and leaves your skin so soft. I like to use this mask whenever I feel like my skin needs a little TLC. It always does the trick!
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater ($7) — This facial spray is definitely a fan favorite, and for good reason! I like to use it to set my makeup or to freshen my makeup mid-day. My skin feels instantly hydrated!
Amanda’s Skin Type: Oily Combination
- Elta MD UV Elements Broad Spectrum SPF 44; Tinted ($29.97) — I was not an active SPF wearer back in the day and now I have sunspots that show it. Because of that, I will never step out of the house before applying sunscreen on my face and is a vital part of my skincare routine. I love this product because not only does it protect my face from the sun, but it also has UV ray protection. After doing some research, I found out that most sunscreens only protect from sun rays but not UV rays. Here’s a link explaining why UV Rays are a major risk to skin cancer. This two-in-one product has a slight tint color for sheer coverage and is super lightweight. Since I have oily skin, the last thing I want is a sunscreen that feels like it’s heavy and clogging up my pores. This is a huge winner in my book!
- LANCÔME Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara ($25) — Just like Sharon, I love mascara. I have tried so many different kinds, mixed formulas to give me the perfect look, and am guilty of purchasing the newest, trendiest mascara. However, one thing that is a must for me is a waterproof formula. I have very long eyelashes, but they’re as straight as can be. I’ve gotten a lash lift before and even the aesthetician struggled to curl my lashes because she said they’re “so straight and stubborn,” it was difficult to get the curl I was hoping to achieve. That being said, I went back to my tried and true curling my lashes with my fav eyelash curler + mascara. This mascara holds a curl like no other, doesn’t smudge or fall off throughout the day, and lengthens every eyelash!
- REVLON Ultra HD Matte Lip Color in “Kisses” ($9.99) — I love a good lip color that can be worn with any color/outfit. I prefer a matte finish since the color lasts longer and I don’t have to worry about reapplying as often. I always have this lip color in my purse incase I need to go from a daytime to nighttime look in seconds. I would describe the color as the perfect medium of mauve, brown, and pink. Instead of using the applicator to apply the color, I dab the product on my lips and then use my fingers to spread the color. It gives it a more natural, stained look!
- ESSIE Gel Couture ($11.50) + ESSIE Gel Couture Top Coat ($11.50) — Gel manicures used to be my go to until I met this duo! I love having my nails done, but it’s not realistic for me to get a gel mani every three to four weeks. This duo is a game changer! No need for a base coat, apply one to two coats of the gel couture color, and finish with one coat of the top coat and you’re done! It dries a lot faster than normal nail polish, lasts up to one month, and the best part is: no lamp required. It’s literally an easier version of a gel mani you can do at home!
- Guidance to Glow Ultimate Growth Factor Serum ($92) — Not going to lie, that cost is very expensive for a face product, but it is amazinggg. I met Fenya when I lived in Pasadena and was looking for an aesthetician who could help clear up my face and get me on a new skincare routine. Fenya is amazing at what she does and so passionate about skin that she made her own skincare line. I don’t think I’ve come across anything similar to this serum since using it. It has stem stells that help with aging, proteins for texture and firmness, and repairing tissue benefits to help heal any scars. Use this every night before your moisturizer and wake up with your skin feeling baby butt smooth!